Photo
- - - - -

Hide author info in post clips

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 fingerprinz

fingerprinz

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:12 PM

How do I hide author, put show date and category information in clip style posts?

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

the post-clips have static metabar options because it's a much smaller space but we can create a hook to add/change/remove whatever you want. Make sure you have the Base theme activated and add this to your functions.php file in Base ` add_action('pagelines_loop_clipmeta_end','custom_meta_clip'); function custom_meta_clip(){ } `

#3 fingerprinz

fingerprinz

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:44 PM

Thanks Adam, but does not work. Get a blank screen when I copy the above code in my base functions.php. Can't access the Control Panel nor the site. Thanks for your help. markus

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:20 AM

You'll want to delete functions.php and then re-upload the original and then simply use CSS to accomplish what you're after: `.metabar .sword, .post-author{display:none}` Thanks, Bryan

#5 fingerprinz

fingerprinz

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

Thanks Bryan. Author is now gone. But how do I ad Category information to clip style posts?

#6 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:44 PM

@Markus I didn't try Adam's code, but it looks like the issue is just a couple of missing PHP tags. You could try this: ` function custom_meta_clip(){ ?>