Photo

StationPro - blog posts only showing headers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 mjhants

mjhants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

On the main site page (www.ttfn.tv) the blog posts are shown in full. If however you click on a category then only the headers are shown. In 'Pages and Posts' Post Thumbnail and Post Excerpt are set to 'don't show', and Full Post Content Placement is set to 'Show full content on all blog pages'. If I set Post Excerpt to all pages I get the excerpt and the full posting on the main page and just the excerpts after selecting the categories. Any suggestions as to what may be wrong here?

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:00 AM

Nothing is "wrong".

I believe that category pages are technically NOT blog pages and are more like search result pages or a listing page.

The default function here is plain Jane.

To enhance the control for category pages and make them fancier, you might try:

http://wordpress.org...ugins/page2cat/

or try some others:

http://wordpress.org....php?q=category

You might also search for post plugins where you could probably pull posts into pages by category and control how they appear.

Thanks, Bryan

#3 mjhants

mjhants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

Thanks for the help. Have found a plug in that fixes this for me - Pages Posts. From reading the wordpress forums this can be included in a template but clearly isn't in StationPro. In Theme Options the option - "'Full Post Content Placement' Where should the theme place the full content of posts? " does seem to indicate that it should! Mark

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

we can modify the code easily to remedy this if your interested in editing your template a touch

#5 mjhants

mjhants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:50 PM

Adam, happy to make some changes..... Thanks. Mark

#6 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:42 AM

Please wait for cmunns continued support. Please bump so you're not buried under other posts. Thanks, Bryan

#7 elwha

elwha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:53 AM

I'm running the WhiteHouse theme and would like to have a Worpress Nav page that points to a category, and on this page I'd like to see full posts, not exerpt. Presently I have only the title of the post. http://klbts.com/category/reviews/

#8 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:28 AM

Hi David, can you please start your own new topic in the WhiteHousePro section? It will get better attention and help others that way too. Mark, I'm marking this for developer review for you so it get's special attention. Thanks, Bryan