Photo

Remove Comment/Leave Response Text

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 i-appreciateorg

i-appreciateorg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:20 AM

If you go to the main page http://i-appreciate.org you'll see that at the end of every "post" it says "0 Comments" and "Leave a Response". I've disabled both of these so you can't leave a comment (but if you click them it takes you to the About Us page and I think another page). Anyways, I am looking for a way to remove these so they don't even show up under the posts. Do you know how I can do this? Thanks.

#2 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:49 AM

Add this to the custom css field under "iBlogPro Options >> Custom Code": .post-footer {display:none} That should hide that section of each post.

#3 i-appreciateorg

i-appreciateorg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:15 PM

Just added it and it didn't work. What else can I do, because I really want that text to be gone. My friend took a look at it and he said to ask him which php file in his theme the "0 Comments" shows up in and ask where you can remove it. I'm running iBlog Pro by the way. Thanks.

#4 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

Hm... That should have worked. Did you make sure to include the period in front of ".post-footer"? If the period doesn't work try div.post-footer {display:none}. Editing the theme file would work, but there is a drawback. Any changes made directly to the theme files will be lost upon updating the theme.

#5 i-appreciateorg

i-appreciateorg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

That worked! Thanks so much, now I think my site is ready to be fully running now, thanks...

#6 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

glad to hear it. if you have any other questions, you know where to find us. :)