Photo
- - - - -

Changing Font Size in a Post, using Firebug and Custom CSS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 punsak

punsak

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

Trying to change the font size in a page post. First, Firebug highlights the text, and lists in "computed" column a font size. It won't allow a "test" change here. I assume I am looking in the wrong place. How do I find where it will allow a change? Second, for the same issue, tried to put in a custom CSS as follows entry content {font-size 22} This did not change anything. Is format wrong or identifier wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Punsak

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:42 PM

I believe "entry" and "content" are both classes, correct? If so, it would look like this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

That's assuming you were trying to use pixels. Now, if one of those is an ID and not a class, you would replace "." with "#".

Let us know if you have any further questions.

#3 punsak

punsak

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:06 PM

Thanks so muc. I am quite a beginner and didn't remember the proper syntax.

Still something else I am doing isn't working, Tried the following:
.entry .content{font-size:22px;}
#entry_content {font-size:22px;}
#entry .content {font-size:22px;}

Perhaps I am not getting to the right class or div?

The site I am on is [url=http://twoseasjoin.org/light/]
and trying to change the font on the two paragraphs beginning "The Light of Guidance Center..."

Again appreciate your help.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

Try this instead:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

But put it in the base.css file (for PlatformBase) rather than the custom CSS.

#5 punsak

punsak

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

Thank you - this helped me get a step further in that I found the div.entry_content entry. Found this .entry_content { font-size: 1.1em; line-height: 1.6em; So I tried to change the "em"-- and this worked fine in Firebug, but when I changed custom CSS it did not. The entry I put in was div.entry_content {font-size:2.0em;} but this didn;t change anything. Close to the answer--now working in Platform Base thanks!

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:55 PM

Hm, try changing it to 2em.

#7 punsak

punsak

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

Thanks Catrina-- this didn't do it but when highlighting in Firebug, I chanced to right click on "COPY RULE DECLARATION" and then pasted this into CSS Custom. ..fpost .post-excerpt, .fpost .entry_content { font-size: 1.1em; line-height: 1.6em; } While I don;t quite understand how one would come up with this without Firebug-- it worked, Appreciation to you and Kate.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

Hmmm, perhaps there is another CSS property that needs to be altered...

#9 steffanantonas

steffanantonas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:31 PM

Catrina, I'm having the same problem. The issue isn't the CSS markup. The custom css just isn't taking from the field. The only way I've been able to get it to work is to alter the custom.css folder directly in a text editor. I think someone needs to check on what's going on in the back end of the platform pro and base child themes. When you guys solve the issue please let me know. The custom code --> custom css field is useless right now without a fix.