Photo
- - - - -

Featured section text issue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 sidianmsjones

sidianmsjones

• Members

• 185 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:00 AM

In the Featured options, when I set my text to left or right and also to use white text with a dark overlay - it pushes the featured image to the side of the title area instead of actually overlaying the title and excerpt.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

Can you post a link to your site?

#3 sidianmsjones

sidianmsjones

• Members

• 185 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:44 PM

Yes, sorry I forgot: http://www.mymythos.org/

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:29 PM

Are you referring to only the first 2 feature slides? I see the image being pushed to the side. Do you mean that the title and excerpt isn't overlaying the feature image?

#5 sidianmsjones

sidianmsjones

• Members

• 185 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:09 AM

Right, that's what my original post stated. :P

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

If you are using the media upload feature it will only fill that space. You can use CSS to change that or just use those images as the feature slide backgrounds for each.

#7 sidianmsjones

sidianmsjones

• Members

• 185 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:50 PM

By "media upload feature" are you referring to "Feature Media Image" under the "PlatformPro Feature Options" area when editing the posts? Anyhow I went ahead and made the pictures backgrounds as you suggested, this works great! However how does one turn these featured posts into something clickable for the user? At this point I am not able to click the image, nor text, nor any button on the Features for them to take me to the related posts. Sidenote: I have input the correct links into the "Feature Link URL" area. Still no go.

#8 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:45 AM

Marking for developer review. Thanks, Bryan

#9 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

The links are showing up but they are getting pushed beneath the visible area so that you can't see them. You can do a few things. Shorten up the descriptions OR make the text smaller OR increase the height of the feature slider...whatcha wanna do?

#10 sidianmsjones

sidianmsjones

• Members

• 185 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:36 PM

Gotcha, well those are some ideas. I'd really like to not have to decrease font size, or increase the feature area, or shorten up the descriptions, lol. It seems much more intuitive for us admins, and even the users, if the titles of the articles or the pictures were, by default, clickable and lead to the related post, dontcha think?