Photo

Post Types Order not working with Platform Pro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 rholm

rholm

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:13 PM

Installed Post Types Order so I could reorder the features, but although the plugin installs correctly - the reorder options are not available. I've uninstalled, reinstalled several times and manually uploaded the version from the plugin site and no luck. Also reinstalled WordPress with no change. Only other plugin is Askimet and I deactivated this but Post Types Order still not working. Any ideas? website is caribbeanconsulting.com

#2 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:40 PM

I had the exact same problem. This is how I fixed it: 1. Create a new user and give it "admin" role. 2. if you have BuddyPress installed: Move the management of all groups you have created using the current admin from that admin to the new admin. 3. Logout. Login as the new admin. 4. Remove the old admin. Move all the posts created by the former admin to the new admin. 5. Try re-Order. That should work under new admin.

#3 rholm

rholm

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:46 AM

Wow, that's more work than I wanted to go through, but makes sense, since some posts were made by a past admin before I added the plugin. I found an easy work-around by just changing the dates on the Feature posts - latest post displays first in the rotation. By backdating the other posts, you can force the order you want. Not the most elegant solution, but it works. Rick

#4 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for sharing your solution Sourena, and for coming back to post yours too Richard!

#5 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

Another thing that would be good is to follow up with the plugin provider about it :)

#6 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:20 PM

Actually what I suggested was the developer's solution. He did it on my site and it worked.

#7 anvilmediainc

anvilmediainc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

I'm having this same issue and have deleted the old admin, created a new one, and moved authors over to the new admin. The re-order plugin isn't working still (I'm trying to re-order boxes). I'm not even seeing where to change the author on boxes though. I do have multiple sets of boxes, and they all show up in 1 long list when I click on the re-order link. Something I'm missing? Thanks for the help!

#8 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:16 PM

No that is normal. The boxes will show up in one list despite being grouped. You have to sort of visualize the grouping yourself so you can order them appropriately. The problem above was different than what you describe.

#9 anvilmediainc

anvilmediainc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

Sorry--my problem is that after following the bug fix steps listed by Sourena above, I still can't re-order my boxes.

I don't know how to describe it...here's 2 screenshots:

Here's what I selected:
Posted Image

Here's what shows:
Posted Image

*Edit: open second image in new tab to see it all

#10 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:19 PM

@David Hmmm... Maybe try deactivating and then reactivating the plugin?

#11 anvilmediainc

anvilmediainc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:13 PM

@Kate :facepalm:

Turn it off and then back on...the troubleshooting gods would be disappointed in me (it works perfectly now!)

#12 tpldrew

tpldrew

Advanced Member

• Members

• 93 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

@kate and @David That works! Thanks so much for the solution!