Photo
- - - - -

Cannot Deep Integrate with WP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 leftcoastmichael

leftcoastmichael

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:05 PM

Hi. I tried to 'deep integrate' bbPress with WP but it generates an error messgae. (I figured I would install the PageLines template after integrating the forum). As for as I can understand, the instructions seem simple enough: just name the WP databse, username and password that you are using. Our WP installation is located at leftcoastlogic.com/blog and the bbPress forum is located at leftcoastlogic.com/blog/forum. I named the database correctly, but when I then go to root/blog/forum to get to the forum admin page, I get this error message: Deep Integration With WordPress Required It appears your WordPress installation isn't deeply integrated which is required for iBlogPro Forum to work correctly (it needs access to WP functions). Please see Deep Integration With WordPress

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:53 PM

In order to be deeply integrated with WP you need to include the "wp-blog-header.php' from your Wordpress install. So far it looks like you have DB syncing working correctly but not the 'deep integration' part. Its pretty easy, look through the threads: http://www.pagelines...d=265#post-1184

#3 leftcoastmichael

leftcoastmichael

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

when you say "include the wp-blog-header.php" can you explain what you mean? Include where? I read the posts but I could not find where - and how - do to the include. Thanks in advance...

#4 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:24 AM

http://www.pagelines...allation-guide/ Reference the deep-installation portion for an explanation. You'll want to add a line to the bb-config.php file that tells it to load the wp-blog-header.php file.

#5 leftcoastmichael

leftcoastmichael

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:31 PM

I tried that and got this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/almostan/public_html/leftcoastlogic/blog/forum/bb-config.php on line 64

Here are screen shots of the relevant files:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:32 AM

Try this line instead:

require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-blog-header.php');

It looks like you're pointing to the wrong place.

#7 leftcoastmichael

leftcoastmichael

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:06 AM

Okay, that seemed to work. Next problem: When I go to Login, I get an error message saying "The requested URL /wordpress/forum/bb-login.php was not found on this server." However, the correct URL should be /blog/forum/bb-login.php - or it should be /forum/bb-login.php The wordpress installation is located at /blog and the bbpress forum is located at /blog/forum.

#8 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:09 AM

Hm, it looks like you may have entered some of the blog information during installation. Can you get to the login page by typing it in your address bar?

#9 leftcoastmichael

leftcoastmichael

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

This link gets me to a page that has a link for the log-in page: http://leftcoastlogic.com/blog/forum/ Clicking on the "log-in" link there produces the same error message that I get when I type in this address: http://www.leftcoast.../forum/bb-login

#10 leftcoastmichael

leftcoastmichael

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:20 PM

Still cannot get in.

#11 andersl

andersl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:57 PM

Hi Michael, I had similar problems with my installation too. I'm using path in bb-config file. Have you tried the path once again? Some how the links in your forum is pointing to a wrong page: The word blog in your adress is changed to wordpress.. Wonder where that changes! btw Nice apps for the iPhone - When can we see them in europe?

#12 london-muscle

london-muscle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:01 PM

guys if your still having problems with the deep integration I found a different way of doing it use the code `require_once(../../../wp-load.php)` Make this the absolute path to the file and it should fix any problems your having with links not working. This is something to do with the new versions of wordpress and BB press. Adding the wp-header line to the config file works in the older versions of wordpress but it forces the page to load the header and search for the rest of the files in the folder in which the wp-header file lies. using the wp-load file means it loads things properly then reverts back to its own file database. I banged my head agains the desk for weeks with the problems I had then did this and everything worked perfectly!

#13 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:05 AM

Thanks for the explanation. We'll have to find a better way to show how to do this... Any thoughts?