Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cannot Deep Integrate with WP

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi. I tried to 'deep integrate' bbPress with WP but it generates an error messgae. (I figured I would install the PageLines template after integrating the forum). As for as I can understand, the instructions seem simple enough: just name the WP databse, username and password that you are using. Our WP installation is located at leftcoastlogic.com/blog and the bbPress forum is located at leftcoastlogic.com/blog/forum. I named the database correctly, but when I then go to root/blog/forum to get to the forum admin page, I get this error message: Deep Integration With WordPress Required It appears your WordPress installation isn't deeply integrated which is required for iBlogPro Forum to work correctly (it needs access to WP functions). Please see Deep Integration With WordPress

Posted · Report post

In order to be deeply integrated with WP you need to include the "wp-blog-header.php' from your Wordpress install. So far it looks like you have DB syncing working correctly but not the 'deep integration' part. Its pretty easy, look through the threads: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=265#post-1184

Posted · Report post

when you say "include the wp-blog-header.php" can you explain what you mean? Include where? I read the posts but I could not find where - and how - do to the include. Thanks in advance...

Posted · Report post

I tried that and got this error message: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/almostan/public_html/leftcoastlogic/blog/forum/bb-config.php on line 64 Here are screen shots of the relevant files: 100127Dreamweaver005.jpg100127Cyberduck002.jpg100127Cyberduck003.jpg

Posted · Report post

Try this line instead:

require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-blog-header.php');

It looks like you're pointing to the wrong place.

Posted · Report post

Okay, that seemed to work. Next problem: When I go to Login, I get an error message saying "The requested URL /wordpress/forum/bb-login.php was not found on this server." However, the correct URL should be /blog/forum/bb-login.php - or it should be /forum/bb-login.php The wordpress installation is located at /blog and the bbpress forum is located at /blog/forum.

Posted · Report post

Hm, it looks like you may have entered some of the blog information during installation. Can you get to the login page by typing it in your address bar?

Posted · Report post

Still cannot get in.

Posted · Report post

Hi Michael, I had similar problems with my installation too. I'm using path in bb-config file. Have you tried the path once again? Some how the links in your forum is pointing to a wrong page: The word blog in your adress is changed to wordpress.. Wonder where that changes! btw Nice apps for the iPhone - When can we see them in europe?

Posted · Report post

guys if your still having problems with the deep integration I found a different way of doing it use the code `require_once(../../../wp-load.php)` Make this the absolute path to the file and it should fix any problems your having with links not working. This is something to do with the new versions of wordpress and BB press. Adding the wp-header line to the config file works in the older versions of wordpress but it forces the page to load the header and search for the rest of the files in the folder in which the wp-header file lies. using the wp-load file means it loads things properly then reverts back to its own file database. I banged my head agains the desk for weeks with the problems I had then did this and everything worked perfectly!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the explanation. We'll have to find a better way to show how to do this... Any thoughts?