Photo
- - - - -

Feature image resizing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 shibatabread

shibatabread

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:32 PM

Hi all. The site is www.genkiradio.com I just don't know how to go about resizing this feature photo from its thumbnail size. I tried changing settings here and there and tried various plug-in to enlarge this photo but to no avail. If anyone has enough patience to walk me through with this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance,

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

To clarify: you'd like to resize the feature photo so that it's bigger than thumbnail size? If so, then the thumbnail image size can be increased (which will affect all feature image thumbnail sizes). Would you be up for that?

#3 shibatabread

shibatabread

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:59 PM

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, I would like to increase the size of the thumbnail.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:25 PM

Add this to the base.css file in PlatformBase:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Increase the number 200 for a larger size.

#5 shibatabread

shibatabread

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:57 PM

Thank you so much for your time. I just tried it and while it did what I wanted it, but the quality of image is compromised. Is there a way to post the original photo size? Thanks again,

#6 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:04 PM

@Ryo First try going to Settings->Media and editing the thumbnail size there. (You may have to regenerate the thumbnails.) If that doesn't work, see this post:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

#7 shibatabread

shibatabread

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

Thanks to both Kate and Catrina for their assistance. I have another question; How do I only change the font size of the featured post title like seen here; www.genkiradio.com Where it reads "Episode 18..." Thank in advance,

#8 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:54 AM

Hi, Ryo... can you start a new topic for this. It might be a little complicated and needs separate and specific assistance. Thanks, Bryan