Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Confused about boxes...

Question

Posted · Report post

A colleague of mine has a site (http://www.phoenixrealestateguy.com) where the front page shows what appear to be boxes with inline thumbnails and titles as links to posts or pages. As I've played around with boxes and soap boxes, I have no idea how to get the icons to hang to the left... How.png

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

@Jon You can make the thumbnail clickable by addinga URL to the option located in the fields below the main content area on the box "Edit" screen.

Posted · Report post

Try adding this: ` .inline_thumbs .fboxgraphic { float: left; padding-right: 15px; padding-top: 5px; } ` To Custom Code > Custom CSS. If that's not quite it I need a link to your site. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

Okay, I figured out the thumbnail left align problem, but now I'm pulling my hair about about making the title of the box a link to the information that I want to link to. Maybe I'm not understanding the concept of boxes, but they seem to me to be a summary of more information that you can get to, but the title doesn't become a link by default. Confused. Take a look at the home page at http://www.phoenixrealestateguy.com. I can't replicate what he's done there to save my life. I can't tell what template is used as the front page, if the front page is a "page" or "post page" etc.

Posted · Report post

Which theme version are you using? (Go to Appearance > Themes and the version number is next to the theme name)

Posted · Report post

Hi Catrina and Bryan, I'm having the same problem. I can make the image clickable, but I would expect the title to become clickable too. This is not possible in 1.1.5. Hopefully this can be added. You might even consider making the whole text of even the whole box a link. Thanks. Jan