Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show different home page to logged vs. not-logged users

Question

Posted · Report post

I am trying to show a different (static) home page to not-logged vs. (posts) logged users in Buddypress. I've accomplished this in the past with is_user_logged_in(), but Pagelines (as a framework) is much more complex than a standard theme and I'm having difficulty getting the code right. Any tips for how to accomplish this?

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Kate, Because the various elements of the Platform theme are spread across multiple files, I was having difficulty doing things like (1) showing custom menu to non-logged, (2) showing custom content to non-logged, etc. Acutally, I think a combination of the plugin "Members Only" and a little Platform tweaking on a public-facing page is going to work out for me. Thanks for your help.

Posted · Report post

Good deal Todd. We'd love for you to share the solution for a Karma point towards the Karma store. Learn more in the sidebar to the right. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

Sure - "Members Only" plugin forces non-logged users to a page of my choice. I created a boxes page showing the features of the website with a built-in signup form (using S2member pro plugin) and chose to hide the menu on the page within the Pagelines options on that page. All in all, it worked well!

Posted · Report post

When you say you're having difficulty getting the code right, may I ask what you've tried so far (and where you've tried it)? Thanks, Kate