Photo
- - - - -

Some tweaks I need

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 dorin_dumitrascuta

dorin_dumitrascuta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:04 AM

Hello, First of all let me thank you for the wonderful product that Platform PRO is. Great job guys! I am a beginner WP and blog/site guy so I hope the following questions are not a bit "stupid". I made different pages e.g. Markets, World, Politics and I want to be able to send each post I make to show on the specific page (an article about politics to show in the politics page). So is it possible? Also supposing I have 5-6 different pages, I want to be able on the front page to have lets say 4-6 articles (latest posts) show there. Is it possible without altering the page so that it still remains a homepage/static but in the content section to have the updated feeds from the different pages. Like a cover of a magazine with featured stories? site is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thank you!

#2 dorin_dumitrascuta

dorin_dumitrascuta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:32 AM

Also on the feature section on the last navigation "teaser" I posted a video. What can I do to make it look better? At the moment is not aligned properly, also some upper padding visible.

#when you go to contact-->advertising the twitter in the footer just goes into the center of the screen? It seems that it does that on any page that does not have very much written in it.

#3 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:42 PM

@Dorin Thanks for the good feedback! Much appreciated. Now, as for your questions... The easiest way to do what you want regarding the articles is to create, instead of pages, categories. Then you can use WP menu to assign each of these categories as a nav item. (I can give more details on how to do that if need be.)

What you want to accomplish on the home page is actually the default setting of PageLines. If you go with the category approach as mentioned above, you should be able to go back to using the home page as a blog posts page (not a static page), but that's up to you.

For the second question (about the "teaser"): The only way I can see to target just that one is by adding this to your custom CSS:

Now, keep in mind if the sliders are changed it will have a different ID. But, it would only take a second to swap that out, so it hopefully it's an okay solution for you.

Let us know if you need anything else.

#4 dorin_dumitrascuta

dorin_dumitrascuta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

Hello Kate, Great solutions you gave me! I have one last question though that stays open: the twitter feed in the footer of the page (it should be right above the footer) keeps changing position on a multitude of pages if they have less content. It even gets in the middle of the screen if I have an empty page. Why that I think that it should be static and stay in one place.

#5 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

It's because the main content of the page has a min-height of 700px. You shouldn't have problems once it's said and done but to change it with CSS you would use this snippet `body #page {min-height:600px;}`

#6 dorin_dumitrascuta

dorin_dumitrascuta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:21 AM

Thank you guys! You are great. Hope to finish my site without anymore questions.