Photo
- - - - -

StationPro - a few questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 kunzie

kunzie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:55 AM

Hi there

I purchased StationPro this morning and have to say that I'm absolutely in love with it. It's simple and beautiful, but I'm relatively new to blogging and was wondering if you could give me some advice.

1. I'd like to set up a featured section ABOVE standard posts on the start page eg.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

so that the featured component is what people see first but then the newest posts are listed below it. At present it seems that I can have EITHER the featured page or the posts page.

2. Also, I'm having trouble with a few widgets (Tweet Blender / Wowzio picture scroll) in that whatever widgets come UNDER those all seem to be missing formatting, disappearing or moved completely to the bottom of the page.

Edit: Scratch that. I found that by removing a single

from the end of the script in the Text widget, the problems are solved. Hard coded widgets still display that behavior however.

3. Does PageLines have an affiliate program at all?

4. What is the best way to modify the built in search function to display my Google Adsense code? I've tried various plugins, but they make a complete mess of the page!

Thanks in advance

kunzie

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:53 PM

I'd like to set up a featured section ABOVE standard posts on the start page eg.

so that the featured component is what people see first but then the newest posts are listed below it. At present it seems that I can have EITHER the featured page or the posts page.

You can modify the template to do this....
All you need to do is add this code (from index.php) to your feature.php file (inside the PRO folder in the theme):

This is the code that shows posts. If you would like to replace the 'fboxes' with the posts then replace this code in 'feature.php' :

2. Also, I'm having trouble with a few widgets (Tweet Blender / Wowzio picture scroll) in that whatever widgets come UNDER those all seem to be missing formatting, disappearing or moved completely to the bottom of the page.

Most likely due to a markup issue. Use Firebug for Firebox to see where the problem is (premature 'div' elements etc...)

3. Does PageLines have an affiliate program at all?

Yes, the

4. What is the best way to modify the built in search function to display my Google Adsense code? I've tried various plugins, but they make a complete mess of the page!

Probably another markup thing, try the plugins and use Firebug to see where the problems are coming from

Good questions and good luck :)