Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archive Page in PlatformPro

Question

Posted · Report post

I must be an idiot. For the life of me i can't figure out how to make a simple archives page in PlatformPro. I've never seen a theme without an archives.php page template before...

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

What are you trying to do with the archives.php page exactly?

Posted · Report post

Create a page that lists all posts by month and/or category

Posted · Report post

Hey Jay, How would you like the archives template to look? Generally people use sidebars to accomplish the same effect. If there is a really good implementation of an archives.php template you're aware of, we can add it to the framework. So far we haven't been impressed.

Posted · Report post

Andrew - I'll keep my eye out for one. You're right, they are rarely impressive. Right now I'm playing with various archive plugins on: http://www.phoenixrealestateguy.com/archive/ Some of the plugins require a small piece of php to be copy/pasted in an archives.php file. But many allow the use of a short code to go on a page. Those are what I'm playing around with now. I really would just like a simple archive, one that lists by year/date as well as categories. With 5 years of posts, the archives can get ugly pretty quickly, but I find a log of visitors going though an archive trying to find posts... BTW, I just had to say that I am **loving** PlatformPro. I've been using Thesis for quite some time, but "PFP" really does allow someone like me -- who knows just enough to be dangerous and blow up a blog -- to do things I wouldn't be able to do with anything else. Nicely done!