Photo
- - - - -

Archive Page in PlatformPro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 phxreguy

phxreguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:54 AM

I must be an idiot. For the life of me i can't figure out how to make a simple archives page in PlatformPro. I've never seen a theme without an archives.php page template before...

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:25 PM

What are you trying to do with the archives.php page exactly?

#3 phxreguy

phxreguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

Create a page that lists all posts by month and/or category

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:21 AM

Hey Jay, How would you like the archives template to look? Generally people use sidebars to accomplish the same effect. If there is a really good implementation of an archives.php template you're aware of, we can add it to the framework. So far we haven't been impressed.

#5 patrick6000

patrick6000

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:01 AM

@andrew please add full width template for archives like this one :

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Eric

#6 phxreguy

phxreguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:31 PM

Andrew - I'll keep my eye out for one. You're right, they are rarely impressive. Right now I'm playing with various archive plugins on:

Some of the plugins require a small piece of php to be copy/pasted in an archives.php file. But many allow the use of a short code to go on a page. Those are what I'm playing around with now. I really would just like a simple archive, one that lists by year/date as well as categories. With 5 years of posts, the archives can get ugly pretty quickly, but I find a log of visitors going though an archive trying to find posts... BTW, I just had to say that I am **loving** PlatformPro. I've been using Thesis for quite some time, but "PFP" really does allow someone like me -- who knows just enough to be dangerous and blow up a blog -- to do things I wouldn't be able to do with anything else. Nicely done!

#7 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:58 AM

I'll assume you've probably already visited:

This is how to create a simple, default Archives page, other than that the plugins you're playing with are probably going to give you more room for customization. Thanks, Bryan