Photo
- - - - -

tags - uppercase / lowercase problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 lmatanich

lmatanich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:52 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

In my list of tags (secondary sidebar), I am trying to have "history" appear w/ a capital "H" For some reason, even while entering it w/ a capital "H" it's only appearing as lowercase. I entered "Chehalis" a few days ago and had no problem. I did install Configurable Tag Cloud plugin. Maybe this is causing it? Even after deactivating it, it still wasn't working.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:10 PM

There's a way (using CSS) to make tag links capitalized, but that will make ALL tag links capitalized. If you're okay with all tags being capitalized, here's the code for it (which you can paste into the base.css file of the child theme, Platform Base):

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 lmatanich

lmatanich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

Thank you, Catrina. I'd rather not go that route though, b/c it's not worth it to have ALL links be in caps. I've discovered that the only time I'm encountering this problem is when I try and edit the tags in a post.

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:11 PM

It won't make all Links be in ALL caps, but it would make all links have caps...the difference being this: History v HISTORY (you'll get the first choice with the CSS Catrina provided. and if you use this selector instead it will give that treatment to all widgets but you can get more specific if you want.