Photo

Weird categories widget appearing within all sub-nav pages

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 jasonp

jasonp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:39 PM

Has anyone encountered the problem where a blank widget with the title of the main category is appearing in the pages for all sub-categories? This wasn't happening before but now I can't get rid of it. The widget even appears over the default WHP widget for the welcome message feature -- clearly this isn't supposed to be happening. Thanks, Jason

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3254 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:56 PM

Hi Jason,
Looks like a bug in the categories where the grandchild nav thinks it is a page (its now ticketed).

to fix:
change the first line in `_grandchild_nav.php` in your library folder to:
`post_parent && wp_list_pages("title_li=&child_of=".$post->ID."&echo=0") || count($post->ancestors)>=2)):?>`

#3 jasonp

jasonp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:16 PM

Andrew: I found the line within the _grandchild_nav_pro.php file, I assume this is the correct one? I made the change via the administrator interface in wordpress (Appearance-->Editor). The problem still persists on my website even after this change however.

#4 jasonp

jasonp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:39 PM

i disabled and re-enabled all plugins and the issue somehow resolved itself. curious what happened now, but whatever it was is now apparently taken care of!

#5 robbin_g

robbin_g

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:47 AM

Jason, Please provide a link with your posts so the rest of the Pagelines community can see what you're talking about. Thanks! Robbin

#6 jasonp

jasonp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

robin, please see my previous post as it's been resolved. it was due to a malfunctioning plugin, though not sure which (ie, not a pageline or theme issue). thank you though. best, jason