Photo
- - - - -

background image

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#21 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:39 PM

@Carl So, would you prefer to change the footer background color or the text color?

#22 quigongren

quigongren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

Honestly, I'd like to be able to try both to see visually what happens. I do like the way whitehouse.gov has their footer text configured (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)and want to see if that is something I can emulate. I plan on setting up many WP Blogs/Sites using the Pageline Platform so I'm sort of learning by trial and error I suppose. 1) I kind of expected the footer background not to change color when I changed the CSS code under custom code to use a repeating background graphic, so I'm not sure why that happens entirely. The page is configured for fixed-width layout. I assumed the change I was making was specific to the main page background and not elements such as the header, footer, body content area, sidebars, etc. This is mostly true in this case as I have found except where the footer background color is concerned. Is my CSS code lacking or incorrect? 2) I would also like to understand how to change the footer text color/format for future reference though. I think this is important because, where in a case such as this, it may turn out that I do want the effect I am seeing with my custom CSS (white from background graphic replaced footer background color)and simply want to change the footer text color/format to better conform. I have not figured out how to selectively modify footer background color or text format yet though. Carl

#23 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:42 AM

`#footcols{background:#000}` Okay, so that's how it basically looked originally. We might try something like this instead: `#footcols, #footcols a{color:#aaa; text-shadow:none}` Thanks, Bryan

#24 annabelr

annabelr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

Hey everyone,

I tried the various methods explained in this thread to change the background of the page (platform pro, full width mode) : copying the following in the base.css file, in the custom CSS field in the admin panel... But it won't work : - (

CSS

Link :

The changes aren't taken into account... Conflicting CSS?
Thx for any answers / solutions

#25 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:46 AM

It should be `body #page` and not `body.#page` Thanks, Bryan

#26 annabelr

annabelr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

Thx Bryan Alas... Not much of a change

#27 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

Hey Annabel - Use this:

Nice background, btw ;)

#28 annabelr

annabelr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:00 PM

Thx Kate! It works... but doesn't look too good Soooo : now, how do i achieve a white background for header, content area, and possibly sidebars. I'll have a look in other threads since i guess it must be a FAQ... but if someone feels like answering it again, pls do ; - )

#29 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:21 PM

Hmmm... I tried it in dynamic.css and it filled up the background. Is that what you wanted, or no? Try replacing the styles (for "body" and "#page") currently in base.css with these:

#30 annabelr

annabelr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:49 AM

A big thx Kate : exactly the result i was aiming for. Oh, by the way : a merry christmas to you : - )

#31 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:48 PM

@Annabel No worries... happy to help. Have a good day!