Photo
- - - - -

Default page with posts [HELP!]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 juneuisoh

juneuisoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:53 PM

Hi, I'm new on Platformpro (and customizing blog), and wonder how to make a default page like this

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which is one of platformpro promo page. What I want to do is basicly making blog posts to show up like the way above example presented. It looks like the page uses box, but I have no idea how to connect new posts with each box to be shown at the default page (I did put box component on default page template, but that was it...). Anyone who knows how to do this? Showing blog posts with the original way makes my blog too ugly and wonder how to make a page like

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. Thanks and have a great one!

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:12 PM

Hi JuneuiSoh - There are a lot of options in "PlatformPro->Settings", including "Settings->Blog and Posts". Have you tried modifying these?

#3 juneuisoh

juneuisoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

Hi, Kate! thanks for replying on my question :) Yes, I tried options in blog and posts area, but couldn't figure out how to make blog posts to be appeared in boxes. It seems like box function only shows what I have under boxes? I want my posts to be update inside of those boxes... and what template part should I edit to change functionality of my WP main page? (it seems like default page isn't the right one)

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

The main setting you would need under PlatformPro - Settings is to change the first drop down from blog layout mode to magazine style layout.