Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Creating a template for Multi Blog Users

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey guys, We are trying to create a multi blog site to allow members of our site to blog. We have created the first blog and were hoping there was a way we could export all the settings in the layout so that we could use this as a template for the others blogs. Is this possible and if so what does it entail? Oh and we are using the stationpro theme. Thanks in advance! Ryan

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Kate, We are using WPMU. Thanks!

Posted · Report post

This was discussed before, because the common desire is for them to be separate so others can style the way they want that is how it is by default. My suggestion was to manually insert a call to a CSS file in the header and then style that file in one location. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

Hi Ryan, Are you using a single installation? Or WPMU? Kate

Posted · Report post

Bryan, I'm creating a group of blogs each covering a different city. Look and feel will be the same for each blog, just different content. Would be easier to maintain if all were linked to the same stylesheets. I've looked around the code a bit but can't figure out where to hard code the stylesheet references. How do I call a specific CSS file in the header? Thanks.

Posted · Report post

You could always add a bit of code to your functions.php file. ` add_action ('wp_head','css_global'); function css_global(){ } ` The code above would theoretically also give you proper hierarchy because this stylesheet would load last...You can also actually just add the call to the stylesheet using the custom code option provided in the theme which places code in the same location (header scripts)