Photo
- - - - -

Creating a template for Multi Blog Users

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 hufactory

hufactory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:27 AM

Hey guys, We are trying to create a multi blog site to allow members of our site to blog. We have created the first blog and were hoping there was a way we could export all the settings in the layout so that we could use this as a template for the others blogs. Is this possible and if so what does it entail? Oh and we are using the stationpro theme. Thanks in advance! Ryan

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:44 PM

Hi Ryan, Are you using a single installation? Or WPMU? Kate

#3 hufactory

hufactory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:35 AM

Hi Kate, We are using WPMU. Thanks!

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:28 AM

This was discussed before, because the common desire is for them to be separate so others can style the way they want that is how it is by default. My suggestion was to manually insert a call to a CSS file in the header and then style that file in one location. Thanks, Bryan

#5 johnwake

johnwake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:16 PM

Bryan, I'm creating a group of blogs each covering a different city. Look and feel will be the same for each blog, just different content. Would be easier to maintain if all were linked to the same stylesheets. I've looked around the code a bit but can't figure out where to hard code the stylesheet references. How do I call a specific CSS file in the header? Thanks.

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

You could always add a bit of code to your functions.php file. ` add_action ('wp_head','css_global'); function css_global(){ } ` The code above would theoretically also give you proper hierarchy because this stylesheet would load last...You can also actually just add the call to the stylesheet using the custom code option provided in the theme which places code in the same location (header scripts)