Photo
- - - - -

Post Pic showing up in White House theme Post headlines. Help!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 riff

riff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:43 AM

Hi, I'm setting up your White House theme at this url (www.ctkingston.com) and and have been totally digging it, until suddenly all of my test posts' headlines have the words "Post Pic" showing at the end of the post titles. Can you tell why this might be happening and how to fix it? As far as I can tell, I did nothing odd to the code, but if you can take a glance at it and give your input, it would be a major help. Best, Riff

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:56 AM

'Post Pic' is the 'alt' text that goes behind your thumbs. Could you post a link to your site? Maybe a screenshot? I think that a plugin you're using might be breaking the markup and causing this text to show up.

#3 riff

riff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:59 AM

Here's the link in all its under construction glory:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:34 AM

Did you tweak the '_posts.php' page at all? I would try disabling the two 'tweet' this and share/save plugins too while you figure this out. I'm looking at the code on your site and can't figure out how this could have happened (things are where they aren't supposed to be) If you didn't do it, then maybe your plugins did

#5 riff

riff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:44 AM

I just deactivated all the plugins and did a new post and it still is adding "Post pic" to the headlines. Suggestions? If you right click on any of the blog titles and view "properties" it says: Image properties and has Alternate Text listed as"Post Pic" ??

#6 riff

riff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:57 AM

Should we reinsert the original "_posts.php" text, though it looks about the same as what we had there?

#7 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

Hey Riff, So did you change the _posts.php file at all? Because its doing some whacky things..

#8 riff

riff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

Yeah, changed author text and such in the _posts.php file, but it seemed to get weird whenever the threaded comments plugin is used. We need that plug in, however, so we might need to swap themes if we can't make it play nice. Any troubleshooting tips?

#9 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

the theme should support 'threaded comments' natively.

You should use Firebug for Firefox to analyze the generated markup. The problem is the 'thumb' image code is showing up within your title for some reason(screenshot):

Posted Image

the markup should look like this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content