Photo
- - - - -

No Comments Form

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 jatb

jatb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hello, I have ticked the ALLOW COMMENTS and ALLOW TRACKBACKS, etc. I also haveALLOW PEOPLE TO POST COMMENTS ON NEW ARTICLES ticked in Discussions, but no comment form appears on any of my pages. Can someone help me with this? Thanks!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

Can you please send a link to your site so I can check?

#3 jatb

jatb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:15 PM

Sure. I have only put one post up because I want to fix this problem before I do the rest. I want people to be able to comment on posts but not pages. I have Allow Comments, Allow Trackbacks and Allow People to Post Comments on New Articles all ticked in my settings.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thank you for any help you can provide. I have tried everything!

#4 jatb

jatb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

I am sorry to drive people nuts, but this is so frustrating. I have spent hours trying to allow comments and nothing I do makes the comment box appear. I have done all of the obvious things. Can anyone help me? Is there something in a permalink that I might need to change? I have even tried uninstalling and then reinstalling my theme (platform pro) to no avail. Thanks again!

#5 ericmyers

ericmyers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:45 AM

Frank, It could be a plugin that is affecting this, Do you have any comment plugins installed?

#6 jatb

jatb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:29 PM

Ummmm....I have a contact form but I don't think that is what you mean. I have: AddToAny: Share/emial button Akismet Allin One SEO Pack Contact Form 7 Easy Privacy Policy FD Feedburner Plugin Feedburner E-Mail Widger Like_Button for Wordpress Simple Google Siremap XML Twitter for Wordpress Wordpress Database Backup WordPress Importer Thanks for trying to help, Eric. Be well, Frank

#7 jatb

jatb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:48 PM

MORE INFORMATION When I "preview" other WordPress themes, my posy page reads "Comments Off" at the bottom, even though I have anything I know to do set up the right way. Could this be something in CSS? If so, I have no idea how to change any of that. Thanks again. Frank

#8 jatb

jatb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

Sorry--that's POST PAGE not POSY PAGE :-)

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

It probably has something to do with the comments in general. Have you tried enabling comments in a Page (not a post) to see if they work there?

#10 jatb

jatb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

Thanks, Catrina. I did try it in a page...same thing. No comment box comes up. :-(

#11 jatb

jatb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:06 PM

I want to thank the people who tried to help me. I finally figured it out, though! The posts I was working with were more than 14 days old. Comments were closed because of my settings. So, if anyone else has this problem, check the date you set in DISCUSSIONS for when comments are to close. Had I caught this earlier, I could have saved myself a lot of head-scratching. But hey,all's well that ends well. Peace! Frank