trouble : trying to create a lang selector section

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 drmctre

drmctre

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

hi, I just started using platform pro and love it, but I'm barefoot when it comes to coding (lets say sandals in the case of html/css). what I would like to have is a language selector at the top right of the header. I installed the qtranslate plugin because WPML is commercial and I just spent money on platform pro... My dream solution would be if it was possible to place the language chooser widget to the respective hook. please help, many thanks! marco

#2 drmctre

drmctre

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

nevermind, i solved it in a simpler way since i have no clue how to do php functions: - i placed the qtranslate language chooser widget into the universal sidebar - in template setup > site header, i placed the universal sidebar on top - in custom css added float:right for the widget and did some positioning -done result can be seen here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

cheers, marco

#3 peters_publishing

peters_publishing

• Members

• 152 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

Hello, I'm trying to use the solution that Benoit offers here for putting a language selector in the header. I inserted this code into functions.php

But I just get the abbreviations for the languages, w/o the selector, which you can see on my site here, just below the logo

I am using WordPress 3.1 with WPML 2.0.4.1

Thanks!

#4 peters_publishing

peters_publishing

• Members

• 152 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

Ok, I'm going to place my question into a new thread to see if I can get an answer.