Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

trouble : trying to create a lang selector section

Question

Posted · Report post

hi, I just started using platform pro and love it, but I'm barefoot when it comes to coding (lets say sandals in the case of html/css). what I would like to have is a language selector at the top right of the header. I installed the qtranslate plugin because WPML is commercial and I just spent money on platform pro... My dream solution would be if it was possible to place the language chooser widget to the respective hook. please help, many thanks! marco

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

nevermind, i solved it in a simpler way since i have no clue how to do php functions: - i placed the qtranslate language chooser widget into the universal sidebar - in template setup > site header, i placed the universal sidebar on top - in custom css added float:right for the widget and did some positioning -done result can be seen here: http://www.millesi.at/wordpress cheers, marco

Posted · Report post

Hello, I'm trying to use the solution that Benoit offers here for putting a language selector in the header. I inserted this code into functions.php

// add_action('hook_name','function name');
	add_action('pagelines_inside_bottom_branding', 'add_langselector_to_branding');

// function name
	function add_langselector_to_branding(){

function language_selector_flags(){
	$languages = icl_get_languages('skip_missing=0&orderby=code');
	if(!empty($languages)){
	foreach($languages as $l){
	if(!$l['active']) echo '';
	echo ''.$l['language_code'].'';
	if(!$l['active']) echo '';
	}
	}
	}

?>
	<div id="flags_language_selector"><?php language_selector_flags(); ?></div >
	<?php }

// end function

But I just get the abbreviations for the languages, w/o the selector, which you can see on my site here, just below the logo http://www.skypeenglishclasses.com/. I am using WordPress 3.1 with WPML 2.0.4.1 Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Ok, I'm going to place my question into a new thread to see if I can get an answer.