Photo
- - - - -

WH Pro - Sidebar Issue - Textbox w/Image Displaces Column Formatting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 bhayent1

bhayent1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

Hi - I'm having an issue with the text widget in the sidebar. I've added href code to the text widget to display an image- however: 1. The image is not centered in the box - but overlaps the right side of the column - even though the image width is smaller than the column width 2. The textbox/image completely displaces the contents of the other widgets in the sidebar - see video below:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please advise. Thank you.

#2 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:01 PM

1. The image is not centered in the box - but overlaps the right side of the column - even though the image width is smaller than the column width

This has to do with the way the widget css is set up. Do you want there to be no padding in the widget so that the image is flush against the sides of the container?

2. The textbox/image completely displaces the contents of the other widgets in the sidebar - see video below:

Try adding a title to the textbox widget. Look

#3 bhayent1

bhayent1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

Hi - Thanks for you response. I took your advice & named the widget ( called it WIDGET TEST). The good news is that it did not break the alignment of the sidebar. However - the image is not aligned in the center of the widget box. See the video:

I did add center tags & it still is not centered - do I had to delete it because it's a live client site. Any ideas would be appreciated.

#4 michaelmiles

michaelmiles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:46 PM

I'd like to know this too!

#5 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

Add this to the Custom Code > Custom CSS Code field: .textwidget {text-align:center}