Photo
- - - - -

Menu Issue in EcoPro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 darkspero

darkspero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:04 AM

I am working on some back-end stuff and I came across a problem.

I created a menu but am unable to add a custom link to the sub header area or rather anything to that area using the menu option.

I can only add pages to the sub header through the pages section.

Here is a picture of the menu settings I have made,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and here is the link for the webpage where the custom link should show up in the sub header area.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If I enable the drop down menu it will show up there, but I don't want the drop down enabled, I only want to use the sub header for navigation purposes.

Is this possible?

If not, is there a way I can create a standard page so it will show up in the sub header, but change the html address of that page so it will link elsewhere? Thanks.

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

The subnavigation uses the natural page hierarchy... e.g. page parent. This is because WP's menus don't have good handling for sub navigation... yet..

#3 darkspero

darkspero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

Is there a way to create a page so it will appear in the subnav, but have it link to another address (on the subnav) using the natural page hierarchy since I can't use WP menus? I'm trying to get posts from a specific category to appear on a specific page (I understand the category itself is a page, but I want it to be accessible from the subnav or at least have specific posts from a certain category to appear on the page I create). I will also be needing other categories to appear on other pages so it's not just a one time thing. Or... if you know of another way to accomplish this let me know. Thanks!!

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:23 PM

For those specific addresses you want to link to on the subnav, it's not possible to use the natural page hierarchy because the pages that are part of the hierarchy need to be pages that are apart of the website (created on the WordPress panel), but perhaps there is a way to add them if there is some tweaking with code. I'm not completely sure how you want to implement these specific addresses, though. Will these specific addresses on the subnav vary from page to page or will they appear on only one specific page?

#5 darkspero

darkspero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

The specific addresses will vary page to page. Essentially, the specific addresses are the category pages that hold posts so depending on how many categories I have will determine how many subnav links I would need. Otherwise, if there is a way to show a category of posts on a specific page that I create through the hierarchy then that would work too, but I couldn't figure it out.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:13 AM

If you'd like to show a category of posts on a specific page, you can grab a link of the category and place it in a widget in a sidebar the can be enabled in the Page editor, but then the problem with that is that a specific category link can't be displayed per specific page.

#7 darkspero

darkspero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:32 AM

Ya, that wouldn't work. Are there no other solutions?

#8 darkspero

darkspero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:03 AM

I found an easy workaround for this... using a plugin called "page links to", it creates a redirect using any address you specify.