Photo
- - - - -

Feature Slider: Set Video Embed to Transparent for DropDown Nav Menu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 cshoffmann

cshoffmann

Advocate

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:06 AM

how can I style the feature slider to pause when a visitor is watching a video feature without the user having to use the play/pause button. I want to make the slider not go to the next post when a visitor is watching a video. How do I do that?

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:13 AM

This has been discussed greatly in the forum. I do not believe there is currently a definitive solution yet and it is a possible future update. Thanks, Bryan

#3 ntsmedia

ntsmedia

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:04 AM

This is definitely a "must solve" to be able to make use of the full potential of the Features area. I was coming in here to look for what people may have come up with for this because most visitors would have a bit of a struggle before they realized what was happening if I put a video or flash piece in there. I was pondering using a lightbox so that any media piece that was started by the user would open in front. The feature content would pretty much then be limited to a start frame but perhaps this could work(?). Presumably the feature area would just keep rotating below the layer the media is being viewed in. Not as nice as having the rotation know to stop while viewing inline media but a real solution looks a bit tricky. Regards, John

#4 abusiness

abusiness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:48 PM

A pause would be good even for people wanting to get a phone number in the feature content

#5 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:56 AM

I agree, however the best options right now are to; - Set the slides so that the user manually switched between them. - Include the pause button for users. - Slow the pace of the slide transitions. Marking for developer review again to refresh them on the request. Thanks, Bryan

#6 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

I know this is a nice feature to have, but the plugin that is used for the feature slider doesn't have this type of functionality. (Cycle Plugin for Jquery) We'll check into improving this, but no guarantees.