Photo
- - - - -

How to setup platform install as domain homepage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 pbuckna

pbuckna

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

I need some quick help or instruction on how relocate or redirect my wordpress, platform pro and base installs (currently in

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) either a) move everything to my root directory (

) or B) redirect my current install to set my wordpress home page as my domain homepage (instead of

thanks

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:21 PM

On PageLines, we have everything in a sub-directory 'wp'. We did this so it doesn't clutter up the root of the server. Then WordPress has some instructions on how to use this on the root (by changing a couple options, and adding a line in the .htaccess file)

#3 pbuckna

pbuckna

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:29 PM

I looked through Wordpress doc on .htaccess but wasn't sure about what code/line to add. I'd like to keep install where it is not (/blog) and indicate in .htaccess to use the file in subdirectory. Could you give me a sample of how I need to change .htaccess? Here's my current file in root: # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress

#4 pbuckna

pbuckna

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:58 AM

I found out how to do this by editing my .htaccess file to point to my blog folder and load index.php. Thanks for the suggestion.