Photo
- - - - -

Multiple Posts pages, keep Home Page template

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 libertychick

libertychick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

We're using WhiteHousePro and I already have our posts page set to a static page, "News & Events". However, I'd also like to be able to display certain posts (I could always make them category specific) to the Home page, but I want to keep the remainder of the page layout in tact, using the Feature Page - Page Content template. Is there a way for me to direct posts to the Home page as well, without changing the current layout of that page? We'd want the posts to appear where the placeholder text is right now (where it says "this is the home page"). URL of current home page:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks!

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:35 PM

There is always a way to hard code something but I'm wondering if there isn't a plugin you could use to pull in a category of posts onto any WP page. Did you consider looking for one?

#3 libertychick

libertychick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:47 PM

Thanks, yes I've been looking for a plugin but no luck yet. Found a plugin to exclude certain components from selected pages, but not to add them. Technically, I know I could use a designated category to add posts to multiple pages, but the theme then automatically resets the template to the blog template when I do it that way. We need to keep the current Home page layout in tact. I'll keep looking though - thanks for the suggestion!