Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shortcodes

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I make extensive use of the "Button Shortcodes" plugin on my website (see http://technicallysimple.com/consulting-training/ for a specific example). This worked seamlessly in PlatformPro 1.3.5, but when I upgrade to PageLines 2.0 the buttons got replaced with grey squares (I have revered to Platform Pro for now). Any suggestions on how to address this problem? Or, is this plug-in just not compatible with PageLines 2.0?

Posted · Report post

I agree button shortcodes would be a great feature

Posted · Report post

ditto!

Posted · Report post

@timstringer We introduced our own button shortcode into 2.0 for use throughout the framework backend. Your plugin also uses [button]. So its assuming the word button is unique lol Anyway open the plugin file, edit line 59 to add_shortcode('my_button', 'mysitemyway_button'); Now change your shortcode syntax to: [my_button link="http://wordpress.org" target="blank" variation="hot_pink" size="large" align="right"]Content[/my_button]

Posted · Report post

@pross Yeah these shortcodes are just fine. I was wondering... Why not implement PageLinesSection class with method that generates short code for its own instance. So that way we could create our own sections and nest: [wptabs type="accordion"] [wptabtitle]Pleace to display pagelines section[/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent] [MY-PAGELINES-SECTION-SHORTCODE] [/wptabcontent] [/wptabs]