Photo
- - - - -

Move navigation to right of Logo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 575college

575college

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:12 AM

Hello, I have been reading through a bunch of different forums about the best way to move the main navigation up to the right of the logo. I am trying to move the navigation to the header area between the logo and social icons. What is the best way to do this? Here is the link to the site so far.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks for the help, -Craig

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:04 AM

Hmm... several ways... You could use hooks or create a custom section (in the child theme) The approach depends on how comfortable you are with code :) You down? We can help.. Note, a couple requests plus the fact that PageLines branding section is designed this way has tempted us to create a new section for this. So it may come soon.

#3 575college

575college

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:16 AM

Hi Andrew, I'm not too comfortable with the hooks yet. I was able to re-align the nav menu with some CSS. Not sure if it's the best way to do it but it worked for today.....here is what I used: #primary-nav { position:absolute; top:0; margin-top:33px; margin-left:225px; } Thanks, -Craig

#4 heroescourse

heroescourse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

Craig! thanks for posting this...very helpful for the site I'm working on! Stephen