Photo
- - - - -

Putting the main 'content' into a different colored box.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 leahna

leahna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:49 AM

Sorry, this may be a vague question... but do i need to use a text box or something to put my main content into a differnt colored box?

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

Let's start with this:

`#maincontent{background:#eee}`

Drop that in Custom Code > Custom CSS.

Change eee to whatever color code you wanted to use.

If that's not quite what you wanted please provide a link and explain further.

Thanks, Bryan

#3 leahna

leahna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:55 PM

Brian, thanks ever so much for that. Actually, what i realise i want to do - and didn't explain at all well - is to create a colored padding between the nav-bar section and the header section plus a colored padding between the header section and the maincontent section. Can you please help me with this... i have spent alot of time on firebug trying to get some idea but nothing is working.

#4 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

@Leahna Are you looking for this padding/background color to extend across the whole site? Or, just within the fixed width, main content area? If the idea is to have it extend across the whole site, have you considered using a background image? Perhaps a link would help give a better idea of what you're going for ;)

#5 leahna

leahna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

Hello Kate, i want to break the header / nav / main content away from each other, rather than have a 'white' page from top to bottom. I don't really want (at this stage) to have a background image - ALTHOUGH if that is a better way to have the 'padding' colored then i would do that :-)... but don't know how, yet.

#6 leahna

leahna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:39 PM

oh, sorry link www.inspired2leap.com :-)

#7 leahna

leahna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:42 PM

Also, if it is not breaking any protocol here - i have looked at this platformpro site

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and really like the way the posts are shown in the ?boxes under the feature slideshow. Can you tell me how to have that show up, in the same format on my 'pages'. Thanks!

#8 leahna

leahna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:54 PM

What i mean is!! Not have 'that websites stuff' show up on my site... but to have a similar look as them - an image with text content to the right hand side.