Photo
- - - - -

how to begin?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 allyson9

allyson9

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:06 AM

I bought the Pro +Plus Membership and have installed the platformbase and platformpro into my wordpress account, and can see them when I look at the site via FTP. But I'm unclear how to begin working with them. I don't see them in the wordpress account. I don't see how to download any templates nor any mention of Pagelines within the Wordpress dashboard, settings etc. Can someone point me in the right direction?

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:53 AM

Hi Allyson, are you talking about the hosted service at WordPress.com?

#3 allyson9

allyson9

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

Thanks for the reply. I've got an account at Dreamhost, installed WordPress there, then uploaded the platformbase and platformpro via the WordPress account. I selected platformbase as the template and although it shows when I open up the template that that is what is activated, it's not the template on the account. Also, I don't see any platform/pagelines references in any of the menus. I'm sure I'm missing something!

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:47 PM

Hi Allyson, Email me with the link and login info and I'll set this up for you: bryan@pagelines.com Thanks, Bryan

#5 allyson9

allyson9

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:55 PM

Thanks Bryan, I am now set up and have been trying to get my bearings in wordpress. one lingering issue. According to the summary of what I bought, I should have access to the PageLines themes. But I can't see where I would switch to them from the PlatformBase 1.0.4 by PageLines theme. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks again

#6 ericmyers

ericmyers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

Allyson, Are you wanting to switch themes? I quite don't understanding what you are asking...

#7 agbo

agbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:33 PM

Hi Guys, I need help!! I was fascinated with pagelines designs and bought today iblog pro. I have already instaled it in my wordpress, had also download and content demo to help me start but after 6 hours trying to start building my own site using this them, I am still at the same initial point and have no idea how to move froward. 1) Do I need to buy something else like pltaform to be able to customize iblog? 2) My idea was naturally to use iblog as a base to create my own site, replacing iblog images to my own images, logos, etc but until now, no idea how can i do it. Pls advice? 3) I have already read all pagelines docs, reviewed almost forum post, but unfortunalty until now I didn??t have foun any answer to my basic quastion: how to start editing it. I am not wordpress expert but I have already created 2 websites using wordpress and wordpress templates and it was realy easy. In general, i just need to go to appearancy to change site images, designs, with just selecting and click but with iblog it is not possible. It seems to be realy diferent and i my impression is that the information, tutorials available are realy not enough. I'm sure I'm missing something too and i do appreacite if you could show me the correct way to be able to use iblog theme. Regards, Adriana I must be

#8 ericmyers

ericmyers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:43 AM

Adriana,

1) Do I need to buy something else like pltaform to be able to customize iblog?

Platform Pro a a completely different theme from iBlogPro. With our help, we will help you get the most out of iBlogPro.

2) My idea was naturally to use iblog as a base to create my own site, replacing iblog images to my own images, logos, etc but until now, no idea how can i do it. Pls advice?

Changing iBlog Logos: Go to Theme Options > Header And Nav and under Custom Header Image, add the URL for the image you want.

Changing Pagelines Logo: You will need to send an e-mail to hello[at]pagelines.com letting us know why you want the logo to be removed/changed.

Changing Text: Can you provide an example of what text you want changed? (i.e. text in a column like the following: "Thanks for dropping by! Feel free to join the discussion by leaving comments, and stay updated by subscribing to the RSS feed.")

For the main image on the homepage go to Feature Setup, click on Feature 1, and under Feature Media, add the image URL for the image you want to use for that slide. You can follow the same step with your other features.

3) I have already read all pagelines docs, reviewed almost forum post, but unfortunalty until now I didn??t have foun any answer to my basic quastion: how to start editing it.

What exactly do you need help with, please go into a bit of detail for me as I don't understand the full question.

If you need anything else, we are always here to help! :-)

#9 allyson9

allyson9

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:30 AM

Regarding switching themes. What I mean is that I have installed Platformbase as the theme, but I understood the package I bought to include different themes, such as WhiteHouse, Eco etc. How do I switch from the generic Platform theme to one of those?

#10 ericmyers

ericmyers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:42 AM

Allyson, Just download the theme you want from:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and upload to your WordPress blog and activate!