Photo

iBlogForum Not Showing up in Appearance or Plugins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 tclary

tclary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:48 PM

I've installed and deep integrated the BBPress files and gotten it to play with Wordpress with no problem, database and all. No problem. I've named the BBPress folder to 'forum' and have uploaded, via FTP, the ForumPlugins to the bb-plugins folder, and ForumTheme to the bb-templates folder, both of which are in the 'forums' folder. But when I go to activate the theme in the admin, under Appearance...or to activate the plugin in the admin, under Plugins > Installed...I see neither. Do I have something in the wrong place? Did I screw up? Do these jeans make me look fat? Help.

#2 tclary

tclary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:54 PM

Just found this at the bottom of Appearance. And now I'm really confused. All I did was move files but it's saying a certain file is missing??

#3 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

Hey. Usually this happens when things are either incorrectly installed or incompletely uploaded. you are seeing this warning in bbPress right? Can you send a screen of the files on your server? Maybe I can diagnose the issue.

#4 tclary

tclary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:03 PM

No, the warning I'm seeing is in the Admin area on Appearances in Wordpress. screen shot of server files: let me know if you need anything else. And thanks :)

#5 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:32 AM

ok, so you're having a problem installing the WP theme then? If thats the case I'll need to see how your WP install looks. bbPress seems to be installed (structed) correctly on your server... You said you got it integrated and sharing with wp fine?

#6 tclary

tclary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

Yes, with the WP theme. What do you need from me to see into the WP install? And, yes, I got it deep integrated without incident.

#7 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:43 PM

Hey tclary, It looks like you didn't drag the template files into your bbpress install properly. Make sure you drag the entire iBlogProForum folder into the bb-templates directory. (similar to how you would install it on wordpress). Let me know if that fixes it.

#8 tclary

tclary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:50 PM

Thanks. Will try asap and let you know.

#9 tclary

tclary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

I dragged the entire folder labeled iBlogProForum into the bb-templates folder, which resides inside the 'forum' folder at the root directory of the site www.cfrepportal.com. I also dragged the entire folder labeled 'ForumPlugins' in the bb-plugins folder, also residing in the 'forum' folder at the root directory of the same. I did not open the iBlogProForum or the ForumPlugins folder and then drag just the contents into their new locations--I dragged and dropped each folder and then uploaded via FTP. Still nothing. do I perhaps have the 'forum' folder in the wrong place? Should it be inside the wp-content > themes > iBlogPro folder? Here is a screen shot of the server.

#10 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:19 AM

For the ForumPlugins, how you had it before is correct. You should drag and drop all the folders within the 'ForumPlugins' folder into the "bb-plugins" folder.