Photo
- - - - -

NextGen Gallery album compact view, albums showing in a vertical row

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 andulka

andulka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:57 AM

I'm trying to use the NextGen Gallery compact album view in StationPro. It'ss supposed to show the albums in a horizontal row one next to the other. I've tried on two different blogs, on different servers, and I'm just not able to show the albums in any other way than in a vertical row one under the other. The album-compact.php is in the /nextgen-gallery/view/ folder and everything should be ok otherwise (except that I also have to upload photos one by one to be able to show more than three, if I upload everything at once, the rest are showing as blank squares, even though the photo shows up when the blank box is clicked). Any ideas?

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

Hmm.. Did you check with the NextGen guys?

#3 andulka

andulka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:43 AM

I've posted to the forum on Wordpress.org but all I've got so far is that it looks like a css issue...

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:16 AM

Let's get a link and have you tried your theme's built in carousel for this? Thanks, Bryan

#5 andulka

andulka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

Sorry, couldn't provide a link earlier because there wasn't one,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

a link to a test page. There seems to be something odd going on with the aligning of the gallery thumbnails as well. In the third gallery, Kotka, the last thumb is placed on the right side of the page rather than left, whereas in 'Keuruu' they bottom row is aligned to the left...
The page is a carousel page, but I don't see how using it would affect this problem as I would still want to display several albums on the page, not just one gallery in the carousel. As far as I can see it's only possible to add one gallery at a time to the carousel, although it would be nice to be able to add several, or an album instead.
The page template doesn't seem to have any effect on the way the albums are displayed.

#6 andulka

andulka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:26 AM

This one is resolved, the problem was with the way I'd added the albums.