Photo
- - - - -

Getting the carousel to show up only on the home page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 kencauley

kencauley

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:40 AM

Hello, My site: www.kencauley.com I have the carousel at the top of the home page. But it is also on every page. How do I get the carousel to only show up on the home page? Thanks, Ken

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:04 PM

`
#carousel{display:none}
.home #carousel{display:none}
`
Drop that in your:

Custom Code > Custom CSS

area.

Thanks, Bryan

#3 kencauley

kencauley

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:29 PM

That didn't work. It didn't work for the feature images either. No offense, but either I'm doing it wrong or you keep providing directions for this specific request that doesn't work. I placed it directly into the CSS Rules area in the Custom CSS page. The 'advanced settings' that fixed this solution from the featured images is not available on carousel.

#4 nett-ed

nett-ed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:23 PM

The code Bryan provided looks like it should remove the carousel fine. Is Bryan's css code still in your Custom CSS section? Reason I asked is because I checked your site and it doesn't look like it's there so it could be an error from css that wasn't properly structured.

Also I think Bryan meant to reinsert the carousel with his second css statement which should actually be

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

So make sure in your Custom CSS section of the Custom Code section of the PlatformPro theme settings you have the following below your default body{} text:

#5 kencauley

kencauley

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

Here is a screen capture of my custom CSS code section:

What am I doing wrong?

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:32 PM

Ken, Make sure you on the latest version of PlatformPro that should fix the issues you are having.

#7 kencauley

kencauley

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

I have version 1.1.1. Is this the latest version? If not, how do I upgrade to the newest version? I should have the newest version as I recently purchased PlatformPro.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:26 PM

You can check by going to the Appearance > Themes and looking at the version number for theme installed.

#9 kencauley

kencauley

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:45 AM

I just mentioned above that it is version 1.1.1. Is that the latest version?

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:03 AM

1.1.3 is the latest version. If you go to the LaunchPad (

), you can download the updated version from the product list.

#11 kencauley

kencauley

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

Hi! Same screen capture above applies. I just updated to 1.1.4 and the problem still exists. I checked the custom CSS and the code is still there. But the carousel is still on the article pages. Any ideas?

#12 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:24 PM

You don't need CSS anyway if using Platform Are you using the main blog page as the home page or a static page? You can hide that section by defaul in the template setup area after clicking the advanced setup toggle for the section itself. Then on the page admin for the home page use section control to show it.

#13 kencauley

kencauley

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:07 AM

I'm using the main blog as a home page. Everything starts at the home page and filters to other pages. I write an article and it shows up on both the home page and the individual article page. Just a standard blog setup... I didn't change any settings to make the main .com a static homepage. I get a series of half explained solutions that take me in different direction but provide no real guidance. One person tells me to add custom CSS. Then I need to ask what to add and then where to add it. And then show that doesn't work. And then upgrade. And then show that the upgrade doesn't work. And then I'm told something about home pages vs static pages and given a link that supposedly tells me exactly what to do in great detail. Common... where is the actual support? I'm willing to pay somebody to do this for me. I just want it done. If support is free, give real support. If I need to pay for good support, tell me who to talk to. Thank you, Ken

#14 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hi Ken, I understand your frustration. As you can imagine there is always more than one way to get something done. I realize at this point you just do not care and want it fixed. Go ahead and email me the login details: bryan@pagelines.com and let's see if we can get this bugger fixed. Thanks, Bryan

#15 kencauley

kencauley

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:33 PM

Bryan, I sent you an email good sir.

#16 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:12 PM

Anyone following this, we discovered the problem was with permissions. So the code is good for anyone else that wishes to try it. Thanks, Bryan