Photo
- - - - -

Flash Animation in Feature Page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 patcran

patcran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:06 PM

I have a flash animation that I want to put in one of the feature pages. Is there a way I can easily do this? Thanks! - Pat

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:45 PM

sure, do you know how to embed flash using HTML?

#3 patcran

patcran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:20 AM

Thanks for the reply. I've been messing around with embedding the code and I can't seem to get it right. Here's what I've been doing so far. <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0" width="610" height="340" id="feature_gcom_logo" align="left"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="false" /> <param name="movie" value="feature_gcom_logo.swf" /><param name="menu" value="false" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /> <embed src="FLASH/feature_gcom_logo.swf" menu="false" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="610" height="340" name="feature_gcom_logo" align="left" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" /> </object> Any help would be great! Thanks!

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

Quite hard to debug from that.... although a link to your site (with the code might help) Have you tested it with something like a YouTube video?

#5 britaidian

britaidian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:47 AM

I think that the problem is not with the code, its actually with wordpress. you might want to find a wordpress plugin to make your flash code work. Kimli embed flash is one that I know works. There is I believe another called simple flash embed. Wordpress has a real hard time with flash for some reason.

#6 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:57 PM

Hey Pat, Have you gotten the code to work using those plugins yet?