Photo
- - - - -

Theme.css

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 ledan09

ledan09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:13 PM

Hello,
I found it pretty hard to make custom changes to colors/fonts etc via the WordPress menus, so I am editing the Theme.css file and uploading it to my wp-content/themes/platformpro/css/ folder in my FTP to update the site.

I have a few questions:

1) I am looking to change the color of the background of the margin of the site, as well as the color of the background of the sidebars. What part of the code covers this? I couldn't find it in the Theme.css file.

2) I am interested in changing the color of the navigation bar that appears on the site BEFORE hovering over the tabs. As of now, it is white (default - the site is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)

This is what I have in the Theme.css file:

*html #primary-nav li a{border-color: White;}

#primary-nav .main-nav li a:hover{background-color: #225e9b;color:#FFF;}

.main-nav li.current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a{background: #225e9b;}

I don't see code (or css rules) that are available to change the color of the navigation tabs before hovering, or for the font of the color after hovering over the tab.

3) Finally, where would I be able to edit the colors for the 'buttons' of the site, whether to post a reply, to sign the guestbook etc...A global rule that would change the colors of the buttons before/after hovering over the button?

Thank you so much for your help. And I am sorry if this has been covered.
Regards,

Daniel

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:01 PM

First a question, are you using Firebug and have you watched the video tutorials?

#3 ledan09

ledan09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:35 AM

Ive watched the videos many times and I use Firebug as well, but I do not know how to make the changes from there as I'm not even able to figure out what file it's drawing it from. As for my background questions, I wasn't able to figure that out despite Firebug open. Isn't there an easy way to do this? Or what's the code that I can copy/paste into my theme.css file? Thank you, Daniel

#4 ledan09

ledan09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:47 AM

Ok, I was able to take care of question #2. Thank you.

#5 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

You actually don't need to nor want to hard edit any files... you instead should drop CSS in:

Custom Code > Custom CSS in your settings

1. `body, #footer{background:#fff}`
Change fff to what you really want.

3. `#nav_row ul li a{color:#fff}`

Thanks, Bryan

#6 ledan09

ledan09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

Thank you for your help guys. 1) I meant the margins of the page versus the middle of the page (Im referring to the vertical margins of the site versus the footer). 3) I was referring to the buttons of the "Reply" button, or the "Send" (if signing a Contact form"), not the navigation bar. Thanks again, and sorry for the confusion.

#7 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:11 PM

` .button, input[type="submit"], .submit { background:url("../images/lightgrayup.png") repeat-x scroll left top #E5E5E5; border-color:#DEDEDE #BBBBBB #BBBBBB #DEDEDE; border-style:solid; border-width:1px; color:#666666; margin:0; padding:2px 3px 1px 5px; } ` This is the current CSS for the buttons. You can change any of the values.