Photo

Post Author Info

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 taxguycpa

taxguycpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hi, When I use the post author info template above the content "which I love". it displays everything but when you click on "view website", it directs the url to myurl/userurl instead of just the user url in the user setup. How do I get it to direct just to the user url? Thanks

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

Do you have the website: field configured for each user or for your own profile? THat's where it pulls from.

#3 taxguycpa

taxguycpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

Yes, like on website under "users" i have just the URL. For some reason its pulling the URL of the blog with the URL from the user profile added to it. Sorry I am a newb but getting better. Thank you for the support you guys are proving to be pretty awesome.

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:11 PM

and you have the full URL including the http:// in front for each user?

#5 taxguycpa

taxguycpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:16 PM

I do, it is actually working for my name and not for the other user I have added. Strange.. Any help please many authors want to post and this is a great feature.

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

I just tested and it works for me for both non-admin and admin users. Try using the same URL that you used, which you know works?

#7 taxguycpa

taxguycpa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:59 PM

Ok, I just made a new profile and deleted the old one and it worked, weird.. Thanks!