Photo

Horizontal scroll help and Nav help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 pmullady

pmullady

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:24 AM

I have 2 questions I need help on: http://snaptopixels.com/blog/ I made a bunch of edits to the Custom CSS and was able to customize the nav extensively. It looks real close to my original idea. The problem I'm having is now that I've moved the nav it's creating a bit of a horizontal scroll. I can't seem to fix it in the css. The other question I have is can I create a Blog item in the nav and link it to the homepage which has the blog on it. This way it wouldn't be the landing page anymore. Then point the Resume item in the nav to become the landing/home page? (hope that makes sense) Thanks guys - Patrick

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

Hi Patrick,

First, for the landing page:
In the left hand menu, go to Settings->Reading. For "front page displays", choose "A static page", and then select your "Resume" page from the dropdown.

For the "blog" page... You'll need to create a separate page titled "blog" (or something similar). Then, follow similar steps to those above, only select your "blog" page for the "Posts page" option.

Now, for your first question: Adding:
 #nav{float:left;}

or a set width to the nav element should do the trick.

Hope that helps. Let me know how it works for you.

Kate

#3 pmullady

pmullady

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:32 PM

YES! There are so many settings in Word Press that I forgot to look there. I'm still fairly new at Word Press so thank you! I added float:left and now it's PERFECT! Thanks Kate! - Patrick

#4 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:58 PM

No problem. Happy to help!