Photo
- - - - -

Framework Login Customization

framework log in header php

Best Answer Danny , 01 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not provide support to users who have edited the core files of our products. If you wanted to add some custom code to your header, you will need to use a hook if you wish for use to provide support.

I recommend you remove all your custom code so that the header.php file is reverted back to default, then we may be able to provide assistance, although user created code isn't something we provide support for.

In my opinion, if all you're trying to do is get some menu items to display when a user is logged in or not logged in, then just use the standard WordPress menu with a plugin like this:

https://wordpress.or...bility-control/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kellid

kellid

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:23 AM

Hello,

A few months ago, I added a drop down login box to my header and it worked perfectly.  Since then, I accidentally deleted my header file and when uploading a copy to cpanel, it isn't working properly and I can't figure out why.  I don't believe I changed any of the code in the file and not much else has changed, but when I go to enter my "Username" the box disappears.  

Do you see the error? 

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Regards,

Kelli 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:53 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not provide support to users who have edited the core files of our products. If you wanted to add some custom code to your header, you will need to use a hook if you wish for use to provide support.

I recommend you remove all your custom code so that the header.php file is reverted back to default, then we may be able to provide assistance, although user created code isn't something we provide support for.

In my opinion, if all you're trying to do is get some menu items to display when a user is logged in or not logged in, then just use the standard WordPress menu with a plugin like this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 kellid

kellid

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:26 PM

Thanks for your response Danny.  I'm not trying to display menu items but add a dropdown login module to my header.  

I'll look into hooks!

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:41 AM

OK, then yeah Hooks is what you will need to use then.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: framework, log in, header, php