Photo
PageTitle

Adding single category title on PageTitle

Best Answer CliffordP , 03 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

I've updated PageTitle to v2.4. The changelog for this version reads:

v2.4: Now you can set if you want quotes or something else around certain Special Pages' subtitles (for things like Category Archive view). Default used to be double-quotes; now is nothing but you can add it back via the new options in the Global/Site Settings area if you choose. Also re-arranged/re-grouped some of the Global/Site Settings (but only added those 2 new before/after text options and didn't remove any other options).

Please write back to confirm if your issue is resolved after updating to v2.4.

tyvm for using my PageTitle section.
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 vladimirtrajkovic

vladimirtrajkovic

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

Hi there,

My website consist of one front page and all the rest pages are category pages. I wand to add tite on each page. So when I add PageTitle it shows Title: "Blogs" and Subtitle: "82 posts" on the front page, and than on each category page I have Title: "Category Archive" and Subtitle something like: 22 post in category "Smartphones" when I click on Smartphones page, or 35 posts in category "Software" etc.

What I have learn is how to change the Title" Blog", and I change it and add the title of my website. However I don't know how to change Title "Category archive" in the "Smartphones" when a user click on a Smartphones menu, or in the "Software" when the user click on Software menu.

Basically, what I want to achieve is to make PageTitle automatically extract Category Archive name as a title.

Please bear in mind that I am not familiar with coding, so it will help if there is some workaround solution. My website, in case you needit, is htechnews.com

Thanks in advance,

Vladimir

#2 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

@vladimirtrajkovic, thank you for your purchase and detailed request.

If I am understanding correctly, you will add PageTitle section to a category loop like http://htechnews.com/computers/ (it is not displaying on there at this time) and then it'll be on all the category loops.

http://www.pagelines...s-Overrides.png and http://www.pagelines...s-Overrides.png are screenshots of the options to change the Global Settings options for PageTitle

You can see that there is NOT an option to have the automatic category name in the Title but only in the Sub-Title.

If I am understanding correctly, you'd want the Title (not the Sub-Title) to display the category name, correct?

If yes, any reason Sub-Title display isn't sufficient for you?

tyvm

#3 vladimirtrajkovic

vladimirtrajkovic

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

Hi @CliffordP,

Thanks for your prompt response. No, I don't mind having sub-titles instead of titles. They are sufficient but only if I can remove the sentence that comes before the category name. Is it possible to make the Sub-title just the category name i.e. Computers instead 22 posts in "Computers", or Smartphones instead of 54 posts in "Smartphones"?

This is something that I could not succeed in overriding. Could you help me here?

Thanks,

Vladimir

#4 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

Got it.

Would you want it the same for all Sub-Titles (blog, author, category, tag, taxonomy, date, and other), or only for the category Sub-Titles?

#5 vladimirtrajkovic

vladimirtrajkovic

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

Well, at the moment I don't need it. But it would be nice if there is an option to override the text that precede the main content in all sub-titles. i think it is nice utility for the plugin, which btw is awesome, especially for us, amateurs, which are not that or if not at all code familiar.

Thanks,

Vladimir

#6 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

I have released v2.3. It adds quite a few CSS Classes to allow you to target them as you please. For example, CSS' display:none;

Please let me know if this provides you the customizability you're looking for.

tyvm for the kind words regarding my PageTitle section.

#7 vladimirtrajkovic

vladimirtrajkovic

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reaction. Since I am not good in coding, as I've mentioned, could you tell me what and where to write in order to change subtitle "7posts in Computers" to just "Computers", and so on on each page?

Thanks,

Vladimir

#8 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

Please read through this and view the images: http://www.pagelines...ds-css-classes/

Then you could add LESS CSS like this:

body.category {
.pagetitle-numposts,
.pagetitle-nameofposts,
.pagetitle-subtitlecustomizable {
display: none;
}
}

#9 vladimirtrajkovic

vladimirtrajkovic

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

Yep, I did it! Thanks! Could you just tell me how to avoid quotation marks? I know that I am bothering you but pls. for your help

So now I have subtitle as "Computers", and I would like to have Computers or COMPUTERS, w/o quotation marks.

Regards,

V

#10 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:26 PM   Best Answer

I've updated PageTitle to v2.4. The changelog for this version reads:

v2.4: Now you can set if you want quotes or something else around certain Special Pages' subtitles (for things like Category Archive view). Default used to be double-quotes; now is nothing but you can add it back via the new options in the Global/Site Settings area if you choose. Also re-arranged/re-grouped some of the Global/Site Settings (but only added those 2 new before/after text options and didn't remove any other options).

Please write back to confirm if your issue is resolved after updating to v2.4.

tyvm for using my PageTitle section.

#11 vladimirtrajkovic

vladimirtrajkovic

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:57 PM

Hi Clifford,

Thanks a lot! This is exactly what was I looking for. Thanks a million again!

Best Regards,

Vladimir

• CliffordP likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PageTitle