3 replies to this topic

#1 oksanasim

oksanasim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:29 PM

Hi there, 

Can you please point me in the right direction? 

I have installed Wordpress "Related Posts" plugin by Zemanta (http://wordpress.org.../related-posts/) and would like to know how to make sure that these related posts show up at the very bottom of the page. 

Most of the time they do, but if i add a page break in my post through  <!--nextpage-->, it shows up after Related Posts, which obviously breaks up the content flow. 

What .php file do I need to edit to reorder this and ensure that my page break always shows up before related posts?

my site is www.drinkteatravel.com 

thanks!

Oksana

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

Hi,

I apologise, but I am not entirely sure what you're referring to, can you go into more detail please. Also, if you're having trouble with a third party plugin, the best course of action is to contact the author of the plugin for assistance.

#3 oksanasim

oksanasim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:22 AM

Please see this page: http://www.drinkteat...usic-festivals¬†

I have used the page break in order to split up my post into 2 pages, but unfortunately, Pagination appears at the very bottom of the page, below the Related Posts plug in. So i had to insert a manual link inside the post to get people to the second page. 

I would like to fix the location of the pagination and move it up to above Related Posts. The support staff at related posts told me to edit the related posts position in content.php file, but i can't seem to locate it in my DMS pagelines theme, hence my question to you. 

What page do I need to edit to get the results I need?

Hope that clarifies it?

thanks!

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

The page you linked me gives a 404, therefore I am unable to see the issue. DMS doesn't contain a content.php file, as it is not a standard WordPress theme. Therefore, if you want to position the related posts above the below the pagination, you're going to have to create a child section of the PostLoop section.

To do this, you're going to have to use a child theme, which you can download here - http://dannyholt.github.io/skeleton

Before doing the the suggestion below, please perform a backup as a precaution.

I recommend downloading the advanced version as it already contains the sections directory. Once download, install theme like you would any other WordPress theme via the Theme installer and make it your active theme. You're then going to need to copy and paste the PostLoop sections folder from the DMS directory into your child themes section directory.

Once you have completed the above, you can edit the post loop sections class.post.php file, to change the order of the related posts plugin.

However, please be aware that if you proceed with this method, our staff will be unable to provide support as this is considered user created code and that is something we do not provide support for.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: customization