Crazy Google Issue

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have several 5 or 6 client sites running using DMS2.  Several of those I have on FlyWheel.  I use Yoast on most of the sites and have good luck SEO wise.  Oddly on two of the sites when I search for the business name I don't get the home page showing but the about, portfolio and contact pages appear.  The sites are ranking well and one is already hitting page one for the targeted searches. 

I can't think this would be an issue related to DMS but am curious if there is a setting in Pro or Dev tools or else where in DMS that could have been checked/unchecked that could be making this happen?

Posted · Report post

HI,

There is no settings in DMS that would cause this. You're probably going to need to check your SEO settings for your homepage. I have never even heard of this issue before.

Posted · Report post

I know, right.  I actually got it sorted.

Posted · Report post

What was the problem ?

Posted · Report post

Hard to say for certain.  But I believe it was how Google was reading the sitemap generated by Yoast.  It seemed to be only reading the pages even though it was aimed at the index.  Anyway, I basically reset and resubmitted everything and all seems fine now.  One of the about pages still shows as the result for a specific search but I think that should clear with time and if not at least they are still on page one. 

Posted · Report post

Yeah that should clear with time, thanks for letting me know.