PHP Upadtes

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi I have been using Pagelines to build sites for a number of years now. Sites I created 2 years ago are still on the old pagelines framework 2.4 as clients haven't wanted to invest in upgrading to DMS and were happy with how everything was. However my host as notified me they are upgrading the server to PHP and SQL 5.5 and believe I will need to update everything on the websites to the latest versions. Can you advise if pagelines framework will work under this version of PHP? Sorry I realise maybe a novoice technical question, but I am Ok at the bulding part, but the techinal isnt my strong point and I want to ensure I am full prepared for the new server requirements.

Many thanks in advance

Lynsey

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thank you - very helpful. I have been able to make updates today very smoothly. I think it is fantastic that Framework still being maintained.

Many thanks

Posted · Report post

Hi Lynsey,

I don't think there should be any issue with running PageLines Framework. Simon, one of our developers pushed an update to PageLines Framework public repo on GitHub which suppresses PHP 5.4 notices. So there shouldn't really be an issue. 

https://github.com/pagelines/PageLines-Framework

Posted · Report post

Thank you Danny - helpful as always.

That is great, I will make sure the version of framework is updated to the lastest then - does the framework work with the latest version of wordpress also?

Really appreciate your help.

Lynsey

Posted · Report post

Yes, it has been tested with latest wordpress and latest PHP.