#1 claire pickle

claire pickle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Framework Version:lite

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hi there

Hope someone can help me, I'm not very technical.

I'm having speed issues and cache plugins haven't solved the problem, it seems to take between 3 and 30 seconds for my site to go fetch this file mysite/?pageless=1_1408185209. 

Had a quick look and can't understand the compiler thing, but read somewhere it could be a RAM issue with the hosts.

If that is the case can I direct it to a static css file somewhere and maybe just recopy the compiled file if I make any updates?

Thanks Claire

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17636 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

Hi Claire,

The likely cause of your issue is your host itself, the compile CSS file will load instantly if you view it in your browser. If you do use a site performance service such as Pingdom, the compiled CSS file will be shown to load slow as it is one of the last things to load. However, this isn't the cause of your sites slow performance, it is likely you're on a shared hosting environment.

If you provide a link to the site in question, we can run a test to see if this is the case.

#3 claire pickle

claire pickle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Framework Version:lite

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

Hi Danny

Thanks for getting back to me, you are quite right I was using Pingdom to test the speed, and I thought it was the css as quite often it loads without any styling..  The site is seehearvisibility.org.uk, It was built around a year ago and speed was OK, but now it seems awful, I really struggle to get anything done in the admin pages too, which was never the case before.

Is there anything I can say to the hosts, we have other none wordpress sites on the same server which are superfast.

Thanks

Claire

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17636 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

OK, Claire, I have just this moment done a reverse IP check and found there are 1000 websites on the server your site is hosted on. This is the cause of your issue, you're using shared hosting and all these 999 other websites are sharing the same server resources as you.

https://cloudup.com/cly6L2sjn3L

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LESS