Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Sharing DMS sites on Social Media Networks

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi to all,

Some clients of mine shared my site on there FB pages. However, I noticed that Facebook is picking up some images from my Rev Slider. Is there any way in DMS to maybe choose what images to use when sharing your website. For example I would have expected the header section would take priority as it is more likely to contain a company logo? Maybe there are plugins for this?

Cheers, James 

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi James,

Can you provide an example please and also tell us how your clients shared your site please.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny,

If you click the facebook share button at the bottom of my websites home page (www.jawdesigns.co.uk). A facebook pop-up dialog appear and it grabs a default image which is from the rev slider on my home page. Ideally it would be great if it grabbed my logo design from the header and not images from my rev slider as I would prefer to use a logo when sharing my website.

Therefore I was wondering if there is anything I can set in DMS to say 'use this image when sharing on social media networking sites like FB and Twitter'.

Please see screen grab attached for an example of what I am seeing when I press the social FB share button.

Thanks, James

Posted · Report post

OK James, I have PM'd a colleague as I don't use FaceBook so I can't see if this is a bug or not. As soon as I have more information I will reply here.

Posted · Report post

Ok thanks Danny, I will wait to hear from you soon and thanks for looking into this for me