Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Template Locking and Switching

Question

Posted · Report post

Sometimes I like to create a new template that is a variation of another template. On the old DMS framework, I could apply a template to a new, then save that template with a new name. I could then make any changes to the new template and it would not affect the old template. However in DMS2 it seems that the same action will change the original template even though I've only made changes to the new one. 

What gives? Am I doing something wrong?

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

There are some changes as to how DMS 2.x uses templates these changes were added due to user feedback. If you have created a template and then want to create a new template based on another template, the thing you need to do before making any changes is to load the template you wish to use as a base on your preferred page, then unlink the template before saving it as a new template. Then make your changes.

Posted · Report post

Danny thanks for the clarification. FWIW, given how abstract this feature is, I think it could be made more clear in the documentation.

Posted · Report post

Danny I'm running in to this issue again but can't find any documentation on how to unlink a new template from the old variation. Can you post instructions or a link here, so I don't have to bug you again?

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

What do you mean unlink the template from the old variation ?