3 replies to this topic

#1 feldiefeld

feldiefeld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

Hi 

I am having trouble making my posts page ("blog") on my website a full width page.  Here is the link: 

http://www.bangthedrumschool.com/blog

There are no active widgets for the "blog" page…..I've deleted them.   The option for "full width page" IS selected.  Yet, the blog posts appear with an empty sidebar anyway.

Please help.

This looks pretty bad and there SHOULD definitely be a way to control it.   What am I missing?

Thanks 

Mark Feldman

feldiefeld@rcn.com

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

Hi,

Please be aware that WhiteHouse Pro has been considered a legacy theme for over three years. This means we no longer provide support for the theme and I would recommend you upgrade to DMS. We will also be releasing an DMS based version of White House Pro in the near future.

In the meantime, you can add the following to your custom CSS which will remove the sidebar and make your blog fill width of your container.

#maincontent {
  width: 100% !important;
}
#sidebar {
  display: none;
}

#3 feldiefeld

feldiefeld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

Hi Danny -

Thanks.

I did that and it worked, however, that code apparently applies to the entire website.

How can I use that code to work only on specific pages?  It was my blog pages that were not able to be controlled width wise, and now the entire site is full width yet, I would ilke some pages to have sidebars.

Any thoughts?

I appreciate the thought that this is now a Legacy theme, but it would have been helpful if someone would have told me it was about to become a Legacy theme almost immediately after I purchased it.  That's what happened, so it is somewhat troubling to me to hear that now.   Perhaps in the future, Pagelines can give warning about such matters.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

To apply this styling to specific pages, you're going to need to prefix the code using the page-id-X class. You can find by inspecting your page using Google Chrome dev tools and view the body tag, where there will be a number of class names and one of them will be page-id-X (replace X with the page id numeric value).

So lets say you want to have a full width style layout on a page that has an id 1, your CSS would look like this:

.page-id-1 #maincontent {

width: 100% !important;
}
.page-id-1#sidebar {
  display: none;
}

As a PageLines customer, you would have received an emailing informing you of our release of PageLines Framework, which was sent on December 4th 2011, I believe. That email also informed users that themes such as WhiteHouse Pro, iBlogPro 4, Eco Pro and so forth would eventually become legacy themes and will cease to be maintained and we recommend all users upgrade to PageLines Framework. WhiteHouse Pro hasn't received an update since 2010.

Also, WhiteHouse Pro can not have become a legacy theme immediately after you purchased it. As WhiteHouse Pro was an active, maintained theme for well over two years.

For your sites security and due to changes to the web since WhiteHouse Pro was developed, I would highly recommend you upgrade to DMS so you can take advantage of HTML5 and CSS3 which DMS use extensively.