Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Mobile Menu and Mobile Logo help

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

#1 - On this website - http://www.realtylawexperts.com/ - when viewed on the iPhone the top logo (since it is so wide) gets shrunk down too small so it cannot be read.

Can I specify a "mobile only" logo to display when the website is viewed on the iPhone so there is also not so much black space up at the top of the screen?

#2 - On the same website - http://www.realtylawexperts.com/ - the client wants the mobile menu to not show all of the 300 or so pages in a list and instead wants drop-downs.  How can this be achieved?

Thank you for your help!

David

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi David,

Firstly, in future can you follow forum policy and ask only one question per topic, this is for search indexing reasons.

1. This is because the logo isn't the only image, you're also use this image to display your contact information. If you only upload the logo, this will not be an issue. What I would recommend is you disable the logo image on the Navbar and then use two MediaBoxes above the Navi or NavBar section. One MediaBox for your logo image and then other for your contact information. If you do this, the layout will be easier to read on a mobile device.

2. The Mobile menu is a completely independent of the you navigation and is configured separately via DMS toolbar > Site Settings > Layout & Nav. The mobile menu doesn't support drop down menus unfortunately. There are two options where you can create two individual menus one for Primary mainly used for your main menu items and Secondary which is used for less important menu items. If you want to include that menu items in your mobile menu (something I wouldn't recommend due to screen real estate) I would recommend using the UberMenu plugin.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny,

Absolutely and my apologies on the multiple questions.

Thanks for your help - I will try the MediaBoxes solution for the top section (can I drag and drop items above the fixed nav bar?)

Thanks again Danny.

David

Posted · Report post

Yeah, the NavBar is only fixed if you place it in the Fixed Template area, you can add any section you like.