• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hometown1

Hometown1

• Members

• 8 posts
  • LocationFort Worth Texas

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

We build websites for companies and recently have used wordpress pagelines dms for these. We did not set up godaddy accounts first and then when we set them up, we loaded everything through the Linux c panel. I know you can set up the godaddy first then build the site in that but it doesn't let me use my club account for the dms. However, when we upload everything to godaddy using ftp, you can log in to work on the site, change text but cannot upload NEW media..I was told by godaddy you have to login to the cpanel, then load them..well I have customers who want to do some of their own work, and they can't do it that way...WHY can you edit everything normally but media? This is very problematic for my business. I have numerous issues with this program and godaddy. It does not transfer correctly or it won't let me use my dms club account to build it using the godaddy setup first..HELP PLEASE!

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

Really makes no difference if its godaddy or any other host, if the permissions are set wrong on your uploads folder, wordpress will not be able to upload media.

Godaddy I think are just passing on the blame to us as your account is self managed?

What permissions do you have on the uploads folder? try 777

• Hometown1 likes this

#3 Hometown1

Hometown1

• Members

• 8 posts
  • LocationFort Worth Texas

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:14 AM

Thanks we will try that...Will let you know.