DMS 2 Where to change my css..

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi !

I work at this page http://www.salongego.se/ and i want to take away the space in the header http://www.ladda-upp.se/bilder/nsoiwocbnhqbpr/

In the inspektor i can se that i can change it in the file compiled-css-1407745374.css, but this css changes later on when i edit.
I also try to change it in the cms under "Custum"

body.display-boxed .boxed-wrap .pl-area-wrap > .pl-content {
    padding-left: 0px !important ;
    padding-right: 0px !important;
}

.center {
    text-align: right;
}

But that will not give any effekt.

Can you help me?

Ola

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Add the following:

#pl_areadbbdb0 .pl-content {
padding-left: 0;
padding-right: 0;
}

Then you're going to need to reduce your sites width to the same as that images width which is 1200px, at the moment it is 1212px.

In regards to your site being slow, I added your domain to a reverse IP lookup. The results displayed 32 other sites running on the same server as your site. Although, this is a rather low number this shows that you're either running your own server where you have 32 others sites or you're using shared hosting. If you're using shared hosting, then this is most likely the cause of your performance issue. Shared hosting isn't known for its performance and you will likely need to upgrade to a different package one that isn't shares hosting (ask your host about this) or we recommend using FlyWheel.

In future please follow forum policy and ask only one question per topic, this is for search indexing reasons.

Posted · Report post

Hi !

Thanks, is it in this file i shall change compiled-css-1407745374.css ?

Regards

Ola

Posted · Report post

Not sure what you mean change the compiled CSS. If you're referring to adding the custom CSS to that file, then you do not add custom CSS to that file. The compiled CSS, is a compiled version of all the LESS CSS used by DMS, this includes your custom CSS.

To add custom CSS to your website, you need to add it to either the Custom CSS editor in the DMS toolbar or use a child theme.

The reason as to why the compiled CSS is appearing slow when you use a tool to measure your sites performance is because the compiled CSS is one of the last things to load. If you actually view your compiled CSS, you notice that it loads instantly - http://www.salongego.se/wp-content/uploads/pagelines/compiled-css-1407836256.css

The issue you have with performance is likely your host environment.

Posted · Report post

Danny when i enter the code in the Custom CSS editor and hit  [Cmd⌘+Return] it makes the change as i want is showing. Then when pressing Publish and goes back again it does not work. Strange..?

1. Insert the code you gave me (at the top)
2. Press cmd+return - the prewiev shows ok the space is gone

3. Press Publish

4. Press home (Hem) (still at the cms in crome) at the site and the space is not gone..

Regards Ola

I cheked my server and you vere right, thanks.

Posted · Report post

When you publish is the code is in the custom CSS editor, as I am viewing your site and I am not see the code being loaded ?

Posted · Report post

Can i send you a login so you can se ?

Posted · Report post

Send me a PM with your site URL, admin username/password and I will take a look.