Photo
Cool Carousel

Cool Carousel Better Arrows

Cool Carsousel arrows navigation

Best Answer CliffordP , 11 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

Hi @JamesW. Thank you for your purchase. Thanks for that link. The site looks nice.

There are "Custom Next Text", "Custom Prev Text", and "Custom Next/Prev Divider" options, but they'll show up below the slider.

RevSlider uses Font Awesome icons for arrows, and Cool Carousel uses an image. You could upload your own image to override it via CSS.

Let me know if this helps or if there's something else to help with.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JawDesigns

JawDesigns

• Members

• 207 posts
  • LocationNewbury
  • Framework Version:Developer Plus Membership

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:33 PM

Hi,

I have just designed a new site called http://www.tslandscapes.co.uk

I am very happy with the tools and functionality provided by products created by Cliff P. However, I really wish there's a possibility of being able to change the arrows for the Cool Carousel. The reason I want to change this is because I also use the Rev Slider which has a completely different arrow design (navigation icons). For consistency it would be great if Cool Carousel could use the same arrows as used in DMS. I think the Rev slider arrows look more modern (just my opinion).

Do you think there is any possibility of being able to use the same styled arrows as used in the DMS rev slider? If this is possible then the there would be no consistency issues with different styled navigational arrows.

Kind regards,

James 

#2 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 494 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:23 PM   Best Answer

Hi @JamesW. Thank you for your purchase. Thanks for that link. The site looks nice.

There are "Custom Next Text", "Custom Prev Text", and "Custom Next/Prev Divider" options, but they'll show up below the slider.

RevSlider uses Font Awesome icons for arrows, and Cool Carousel uses an image. You could upload your own image to override it via CSS.

Let me know if this helps or if there's something else to help with.

• JawDesigns likes this

#3 JawDesigns

JawDesigns

• Members

• 207 posts
  • LocationNewbury
  • Framework Version:Developer Plus Membership

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

Thanks for your reply,

I will have a look at using CSS to change them. I actually prefer using the Cool Carousel because it seems to maintain the aspect ratio of images better than The Rev Slider. I will knock up my own arrows and hopefully it will be an easy change with minimal issues.

Thanks for providing us with great plugins Cliff!!

All the best,

James

• CliffordP likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cool Carousel, Cool Carsousel, arrows, navigation